THEATRE TERRIFIC SOCIETY:
Executive Director Posting
Theatre Terrific is a non-profit theatre company whose mandate supports artists of all abilities in classes, workshops, community and professional productions. Theatre Terrific has a variety of programming that is run throughout the year with new opportunities being continuously explored, in order to reach a wider audience and gain a larger community.
Our staff includes an Artistic Director and Executive Director, as well as a part-time bookkeeper. We are presently seeking to hire a self-motivated operational professional to fill the full time position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is a crucial member of the team and works in close collaboration with the Artistic Director to develop Theatre Terrific’s mandates and reach of programming, while maintaining operational efficiency of the organization. Both the Artistic Director and the Executive Director report to the Board of Directors. If you love theatre and the arts, and have a wish to bring those to the greater mixed abilities community, we want to hear from you!
- 4 years of prior management or leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit or cultural environment.
- A keen understanding of strategy and business development.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in marketing planning and development (and story telling)
- A welcoming, communicative nature that nurtures present, past and future Theatre Terrific relationships.
- An understanding of the practice of theatre development and production.
- An active vested interest in working with a mixed abilities theatre community.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Grant writing experience an asset.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
Duties in the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Work in partnership with the Artistic Director to run the company in a creative and motivational manner, and represent the company in a positive and reflective way.
- Together with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, develop and maintain a strategic plan.
- Work on new business opportunities and relationships.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with key stakeholders to build and maintain community relations.
- Oversee the marketing plan, and ensure marketing materials (including website, print collateral, PR pushes etc) are all in line with Theatre Terrific strategy and mandate to increase the community base and audience.
- Write and develop grant applications, and ensure they are submitted on time; track receipt of grants and feedback on declinations. Search for new grants and funding opportunities that Theatre Terrific can apply to.
- Ensure that day-to-day operational details are handled efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Develop administrative and operating budgets while ensure financial resources are administered in a responsible fashion.
- Ensure facility, supplies, equipment, and other physical resources are available, adequate to the task, and maintained.
- Ensure appropriate contracts are in place.
In your application please submit a CV (no longer than 2 pages), Cover Letter, 1 writing sample, and 1 marketing planning component or campaign sample.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Email Applications to Joanna Buczkowska
This posting closes December 19, 2012